Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things to Come

I have been very frustrated! My child caught a virus and seems to be reacting to everything.  I am also trying to figure out if the vanilla is bothering her now.  I have decided to just make vanilla sugar.  Also, the KFP margarine isn't working out.  Luckily, I can use it from my food.  Thinking about replacing it with avocado. A friend of mine let me taste her avocado and it didn't taste like anything.  They say it is a good fat.  I will replace it for the margarine in my cupcake recipe and hope for the best.  I will post the results.  I also will share how I use my pizza crust recipe to make noodles and how I made the vanilla sugar.

4 comments:

  1. Just tonight I came across this: "common corn hiding places: ... gassed produce (tomatoes, potatoes, avocados, bananas)".

    I'd been eating avocados fairly often in recent weeks and seemed to not react specifically to them, but if your kiddo is reacting to everything right now then might the avocados be problematic?

    Would a safe applesauce be an option for that recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. We have a farmer's market on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I may try organic. Or does that matter? Who knows. I already use applesauce in the recipe. Maybe I will just add more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't know if it matters; sorry!

    However, if you can snag some at the farmer's market, chances are good they will be fresh and, therefore, not gassed. Definitely worth checking into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to eat corn free. I can't use baking powder or any kind of vanilla (unless it's vanilla bean), nor canola oil, just virgin olive oil.

    Thank you for the recipes you've been sharing.

    ReplyDelete