Sunday, October 31, 2010

Corn Free Simple Syrup



I'm so tired of reactions to things that she was fine with before.  She wanted syrup to go with her pancakes!  Since she had a reaction the day before I had to do something. I got the idea to make my own when I thought of the syrup I make for fresh squeezed lemonade.   I used that base to make my own and she thought it was the old syrup and when I told her I  made it, she just smiled:)




Syrup Recipe

1 cup water
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 cup C&H white sugar
1 pinch of Hain sea salt
1 tsp of Frontier pure vanilla

1. Place the first 3 in a sauce pan and boil for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Turn down to low and add salt and vanilla and simmer for 3 minutes
3. Let cool for 5 minutes.  Yum! 



(All Rights Reserved)
Copyright © 2010 
All content on Yum! isthisreallygfandfa is licensed and the original creation and property of Yum! isthisreallygfandfa (unless otherwise noted).