Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free, Rice Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free and Corn Free

This is the second recipe I ever made.  Served at a preschool concert and they were enjoyed by all.  My Mother in law and mother love these cookies.  My husband eats them for breakfast sometimes if I am not paying attention.  My husband says they are very close to nestle toll house homemade chocolate chip cookies.  My husband likes them crispy like Chips-Ahoy!, my daughter and I like them softer.  We freeze them!  To unthaw them try warming them up in a microwave for 15-20 seconds to get them warm, soft, and gooey.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (2 sorghum , 2/3 potato starch and 1/4 tapioca flour)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup margarine MELTED (we use margarine we purchased during passover time) 

3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar

3/4 cup unpacked brown sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla

1 individual applesauce (1/2 cup scant)

2 cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Morsels


1. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.


2. Beat melted margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. 


3.  Add applesauce into the bowl.


4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Put in freezer for 30 minutes.  I use parchment paper and drop by rounded tablespoon onto the covered cookie sheet.  I have done it without the paper and it is fine.  I just want it to be easy to clean up!   I sometime just put it in the fridge overnight.

Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.





This is how it looks after being in the refrigerator over night.  I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes when I am in a hurry!

Bet you can't eat just one!!!!!!!

(All Rights Reserved)
Copyright © 2010 
All content on Yum! isthisreallygfandfa is licensed and the original creation and property of Yum! isthisreallygfandfa (unless otherwise noted).