Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Mama, I just want to be like everybody else" those are the words that set me into action and here I am now...blogging.  I have been cooking without wheat, oats, barley, rye, corn, rice, milk, eggs, soy and beef for 4 years now.  Most celiacs and those with wheat allergies can eat rice, but that's not true in my family.  In preschool Play-Doo is a big thing so I had to create one that was safe for my child.  It is so easy to do.  Give it a try!

1. In a medium sauce pan put 3/4 cup of water and 1 Tablespoon of canola oil.
2.  Bring it to a simmer.
3.  Turn off heat and add dye (India Tree).
4.  Put in 2 Tablespoons of cream of tarter.
5.  Put in 1 cup of sorghum flour (Bob Red Mills).
6.  Put in 1/2 cup of finely ground sea salt (Hain non-iodized).
7.  Stir until completely mixed.  I like to put on gloves and use my hands after the color dissolves.  It will be HOT!


8.  I form it into a ball and then let it cool for 45 minutes.  



9.  It's sorghum dough time!  Below are my child's creations.  When she is done creating, I put the dough in a zip lock bag and push all the air out.  The dough usually lasts 3 or 4 months or more before hardening.  This recipe also doubles well if you need more dough!


(All Rights Reserved)
Copyright © 2010 
All content on Yum! isthisreallygfandfa is licensed and the original creation and property of Yum! isthisreallygfandfa (unless otherwise noted).